January 24, 2022
FHLBNY Announces Enhancements to the Rebate Program for Advances
The Federal Home Loan Bank of New York (FHLBNY) is pleased to announce enhancements to our Advance Rebate Program, which provides members an opportunity to receive a cash rebate when prepaying an eligible advance and rebooking a new advance within a 30-day period. Improvements to the program include:
- Expansion of Eligible Advances – The minimum remaining term to maturity for advances that qualify for a rebate has been expanded to six months or greater (from 1 year or greater).
- Enhanced Economics for Members – Now, members can receive a rebate of up to 20.5 bps (from 17 bps) and 18.5 bps for Repo Advances (from 15 bps).
These Rebate Program changes will provide members greater flexibility to extend the maturity of qualified existing advances in a more cost-effective manner by receiving more rebate.
In accordance with these enhancements, the FHLBNY’s Member Products Guide has been updated to reflect the new Program changes and can be found by signing on to 1Link® and clicking on the ‘Manuals and Guides’ tab.
Rebate Program Overview
The Rebate Program provides members with a cash rebate on a portion of the fees paid relating to the early extinguishment of Eligible Advances when new Eligible Advances are obtained within 30 calendar days.1 To receive the cash rebate, the prepaid advance(s) must have a remaining term of six months or longer and new advance(s) must have a term of at least six months or longer.
The Rebate Program is designed to:
- be responsive to member needs and enhance the value of our advance offerings
- offer members additional flexibility to manage their balance sheets
- strengthen and add value to your Co-op
The amount of the actual rebate is dependent upon the characteristics of the prepaid and new advance(s), e.g., product type, origination date, principal amounts, and duration. The FHLBNY’s regular advance terms and conditions will apply, and the FHLBNY reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend, rescind, or reinstate the Rebate Program at any time.
How It Works
- Member prepays an outstanding Eligible Advance that has a term remaining to maturity of at least six months.
- Member decides to obtain a new Eligible Advance with a term of six months or greater within 30 days from prepayment (called the Rebate Window).
- Member receives the rebate in cash via their OIA account.
View our Rebate Program FAQs for more information. If you would like a review of your advance portfolio for rebate opportunities, please contact your Relationship Manager at (212) 441-6700 or the Member Services Desk at (212) 441-6600.
1Advances booked under the Community Lending Program and advances with remaining maturities of less than six months are not Eligible Advances.
Dividend Announcement 1Q22: The FHLBNY Declares a 4.75% Dividend for the First Quarter of 2022
FHLBNY Announces First Quarter 2022 Operating Highlights
Coming Soon: Wire Transfers Migration to 1Link-IPR
Report from the President: FHLBNY Files 2021 Form 10-K – Stability Throughout the Year
FHLBNY Announces Fourth Quarter and Full-Year 2021 Operating Highlights