Community Development Financial Institutions
Your Mission is Our Mission
Just like CDFIs, the Federal Home Loan Bank of New York (FHLBNY) is dedicated to providing responsible, affordable lending opportunities to help develop our local communities in New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Our members benefit from this shared vision by taking advantage of our financial and educational resources meant to better serve the lending and investment strategies of your institutions.
Our Non-depository CDFI Members, Your Counterparts
- AAFE Community Development Fund, Inc.
- Community Loan Fund of the Capital Region
- Corporation for Supportive Housing
- Home Headquarters, Inc.
- NDC Community Impact Loan Fund
- The Community Development Trust, Inc.
- The Disability Fund, Inc.
- Vital Healthcare Capital
First introduced in the Housing and Recovery Act of 2008 (HERA) and later added into a Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) final rule, CDFIs who are certified by the CDFI Fund of the Treasury Department and meet all of the regulatory requirements are eligible to become members of the Federal Home Loan Bank System.
Key Benefits of Membership
- Reliable, low-cost funding to help meet liquidity needs
- Fixed, floating, forward-starting and amortizing advances (loans) with flexible terms to enhance your interest rate risk management
- Letters of Credit to secure various obligations, such as public-sector deposits
- Community Investment and Affordable Housing Products to aid your CRA efforts
- High quality Correspondent Services to help meet your daily operating needs
- Better operating efficiencies through 1Link®, our secure internet banking system