Be Part of Our Legacy
Our banking sector makes up 49% of our member base and has long since enjoyed the benefits of membership with the Federal Home Loan Bank of New York (FHLBNY). The FHLBNY continues to be a stable, strong, and reliable partner.
Collectively, banks hold the largest percentage of our advance business, representing 59% of the 2023 third quarter advances book and totaling $61.05 billion. We take pride in actively building upon this partnership through elevated engagement via our many educational programs and strategy sessions designed to help members achieve asset growth, enhance efficiencies and drive bottom-line earnings and capital. We look forward to our partnership expanding going forward so that we may continue to achieve success together.
As of September 30, 2023
- 102 Commercial Bank Members
- 61 Thrift Bank Members
- $61.05 Billion in Advances to Banks
Key Benefits of Membership
- Reliable, low-cost funding to meet your liquidity needs
- Fixed-and floating-rate advance products and derivative products with flexible terms and maturities to assist your interest rate risk management
- Community Investment, Rural and Urban Economic Development Advances, Homebuyer Dream Program®, and Affordable Housing Program to aid your CRA efforts
- Letters of Credit to secure various obligations, which include municipal deposits, bond issues, and private placements
- Deposit products for your excess funds
- Secondary mortgage market program
- High-quality correspondent services to meet your daily operating needs
- A community-building partner that understands the needs of members and offers financial strength, quality service and competitive pricing
FHLBNY member institutions span several types—varying asset sizes, business models and areas of focus. Though each institution’s goals are unique, we are all bound by a shared commitment to the communities we serve.
Join your counterparts and become a part of the FHLBNY legacy!
Contact a dedicated Relationship Manager that will help determine your institution’s membership needs (212) 441-6700
Interactive Membership Application Package
Download all the information and required forms for membership.
For more information about membership, visit our Membership FAQs.
In order to be eligible for membership, your institution must meet certain requirements.