Community Lending Programs
Community Lending Programs (CLP)
Members can take advantage of our Community Lending Programs to gain access to a reliable source of funding for projects that create housing, improve business districts, and strengthen neighborhoods.
The suite of CLP programs includes:
- Community Investment Program (CIP)
- Urban Development Advance (UDA)
- Rural Development Advance (RDA)
- Disaster Relief Funding (DRF)
- Business Development Advance (BDA)
Benefits of CLP
- Flexible funding structures at favorable rates and terms
- Access to low-cost funds at favorable terms for the end loan recipient
- Simple application process — members can apply for a project- or program-specific commitment
- Responsive commitment process — the member controls the funding
- Upfront transactions — no hidden penalties
Eligible Uses for CLP Funds
FHLBNY’s secure online System designed to support CLP Users.
View More Information
or Sign up
Use a CIP Advance or CIP L/C to:
Finance housing for families or individuals with incomes at 115% or less of the area median income
Use a UDA to:
Finance economic development projects in areas with a population greater than 25,000 that benefit families at or below 100% of the area median income
Use a RDA to:
Finance economic development projects in areas with a population of 25,000 or less that benefit families at or below 115% of the area median income
Eligible Lending Activity
- All submitted loans must have closed within 90 days of receiving an advance from the FHLBNY.
- Once approved, a commitment will be issued for up to 90 days, based on the oldest loan in the loan pool (e.g., 90 days – oldest loan in the loan pool).
- A member’s Maximum Borrowing Capacity is the lesser of 3% of Asset size or $100 million. Members may request an exception to the maximum up to $200 million per member. Exception requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- A member’s Minimum Borrowing Capacity is $25 million per member.
- Members may not borrow more than $100 million in each quarter.
*Note: Member Limits are inclusive of all CLP Programs except DRF and BDA.
- Advance tenors for CLP advances are restricted to one (1) to five (5) years.
- All FHLBNY credit conditions apply.
**Note: Applicable to CIP, UDA and RDA Program. See the Disaster Relief Program page for DRF related limits and advance tenors.
Each year the FHLBNY publishes its Targeted Community Lending Plan, which provides an overview of the developments in the district and describes how the Bank is responding to emerging challenges. The Targeted Community Lending Plan is now available.
See if the community development project you have in mind qualifies.
Contact a Member Services Desk Representative at (212) 441-6600 or (800) 546-5101, option 1, or a Relationship Manager at (212) 441-6700.
Apply for Community Lending Programs
Members must enroll in the CLP System to submit applications for CLP funds. Members can apply directly in the System or complete and upload the CLP Application below (with the requested detail for each submitted loan) into the System.