We Foster Collaboration and a Culture of Giving Back
Our Company, Our Home
Our employees define who we are as well as what we aspire to become.
- We succeed as a cooperative because we are founded on shared values and beliefs.
Our culture is built on trust, integrity, diversity and inclusion, collaboration and teamwork.
- We treat people with respect and embrace a spirit of gratitude.
- We serve our members with integrity and professionalism.
- We are committed to giving back to our community. Our employees are encouraged to volunteer as active participants throughout the Federal Home Loan Bank of New York’s sponsored initiatives to make a positive difference across our district.
Here at the Federal Home Loan Bank of New York (FHLBNY), we are committed to providing our employees with a work/life balance environment.
A major goal of the FHLBNY is to improve the overall well-being of our employees and reduce their risk of developing chronic diseases. The Wellness Committee is made up of employees that are dedicated to promoting programs that foster a work environment more supportive of positive health behaviors of employees.
Wellness Activities include:
- Walk for Wellness Challenge
- Wall Street 5K Heart Run
- Tea and Juice for the Soul
- Guided Meditation
- Spotlight on Health and Wellness
- Annual Health Risk Assessment
In addition, the FHLBNY provides sit/standing workstations and ergonomic seating for proper posture and alignment, as well as a ‘Grab and Go’ café with healthy choices.
The FHLBNY’s employee-led Activities Committee is dedicated to hosting team-building events for all employees tied to our “Let’s Give Back” theme. Employees volunteer their time, money and hard work to help support a broad range of community services programs. See below to find out how FHLBNY employees make heartfelt efforts to connect with communities.