Diversity & Inclusion Procurement Program
An Opportunity to Share Your Unique Experience and Grow Your Business
At FHLBNY, we are committed to establishing strong relationships with our business partners and actively promoting opportunities for certified minority, women, and disabled-owned businesses (MWDOB).
We see diversity as a competitive strength that helps us leverage our differences to be the best. Partnering with MWDOBs helps us to grow our pool of suppliers, provide opportunities to diverse businesses, and to fulfill our customers’ needs and expectations.
The FHLBNY Diversity & Inclusion Procurement Program (Procurement Program) promotes MWDOB inclusion by:
- Providing governance and framework for the Procurement Program;
- Identifying and educating potential MWDOBs to increase our pool of vendors to select from;
- Promoting an internal culture and education that embraces collaboration with MWDOBs and helps ensure a level playing field to all potential bidders;
- Identifying opportunities for MWDOBs to compete for FHLBNY business on an equal basis; and
- Partnering with organizations to help increase knowledge on diversity and inclusion practices, outreach pathways, and opportunities.
Some of the products and services we procure include:
Certifications and Qualifications for MWDOBs
We encourage suppliers to contact us at [email protected] to obtain information on opportunities to partner with us. The FHLBNY recognizes certifications from local and national organizations and councils (NY/NJ MSDC, WPEO, NY State, other accredited certifying agencies). FHLBNY no longer recognizes self-certification. All certified MWDOBs are welcome to register as a supplier in our portal. Self-certified MWDOBs and non-diverse vendors can partner with us and are welcome to register as non-diverse suppliers in the portal.
The following are qualifications for MWDOBs seeking to do business with FHLBNY:
- Minority-Owned Business (MOB): (1) with more than 50% ownership or control which is held, directly or indirectly, by one or more minority individuals and (2) more than fifty percent (50%) of the net profit or loss of which accrues to one or more minority individuals.
- Women-Owned Business (WOB): (1) with more than 50% ownership or control which is held directly or indirectly by a woman(s) and (2) more than fifty percent (50%) of the net profit or loss of which accrues to one or more women.
- Disabled-Owned Business (DOB): (1) with more than fifty percent (50%) of the ownership or control of which is held, directly or indirectly, by one or more persons with a disability and (2) more than fifty percent (50%) of the net profit or loss of which accrues to one or more persons with a disability.
- Qualified as a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business Concern as defined in 13 CFR 125.8 through 125.13.
- Other qualified and recognized categories (i.e. Small Business Association, LGBTQ+, etc.).
FHLBNY Supplier Portal
Supplier Questions and/or Complaints:
If you have questions about registration or doing business with FHLBNY, please contact the Corporate Real Estate team at [email protected].
If you have a complaint regarding a bidding and selection opportunity please review our complaint process. You can submit an anonymous complaint by emailing the Corporate Real Estate Officer, or contacting Ethicspoint at the toll-free reporting hotline (866-292-2075), or accessing the reporting website and selecting the “Vendor Bidding Process” option to register your complaint. This site is maintained by EthicsPoint, an independent external service retained by the FHLBNY.