Diversity & Inclusion
Fostering Diversity & Inclusion Across Our Business
Diversity & Inclusion Mission
At the FHLBNY, the ideals of mutual respect, teamwork, and serving the diverse communities in our district are at the core of our corporate culture and are the driving force behind our diversity and inclusion efforts. Our collaborative approach to diversity and inclusion also helps facilitate and strengthen the relationships we have with our employees and business partners.
We achieve our diversity and inclusion mission by advocating for access to career and development opportunities that lead to leadership positions for employees, and by engaging in outreach to, and education of our minority, women, and disabled-owned business partners to help improve opportunities to grow their businesses and succeed.
How We Will Achieve Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission
At the FHLBNY, we:
- Help ensure that women, minority, and individuals with disabilities are considered for leadership and other positions at the FHLBNY when there is an open position and/or FHLBNY reorganization;
- Expand identification of “High Potential” employees from the FHLBNY’s diverse pool of talent, to help ensure that they are developed for future leadership positions at the FHLBNY;
- Foster a work environment where everyone feels respected, included and valued;
- Expand minority, women, and disabled-owned businesses (MWDOB) supplier outreach and education of the FHLBNY’s business needs and activities; and
- Keep diversity and inclusion in the forefront of the senior management team by providing dashboards, metrics and analytics on diversity and inclusion, MWDOB outreach efforts, and spend.
Join a Diverse & Inclusive Team
of people dedicated to helping local communities grow
Diversity & Inclusion Procurement Program
The FHLBNY is committed to establishing strong relationships with our business partners, and we are actively promoting opportunities for certified minority, women, and disabled-owned businesses (MWDOB). Partnering with MWDOBs helps to fulfill our customers’ needs and expectations, and we encourage our suppliers to do the same.
Workforce Diversity & Inclusion
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion means seeking out the best mix of talent available, eliminating artificial barriers to growth within the company, and providing opportunities and incentives to unlock the full potential of a diverse workforce. We consider diversity a core asset, essential to building and maintaining a competitive edge which can be a key to success both now and into the future.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, the FHLBNY is committed to recruit, hire, develop, motivate, promote, retain, and compensate all applicants and employees in a nondiscriminatory manner without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a parent, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law (including title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964).
Diversity and Inclusion Policy
The FHLBNY has adopted a Diversity and Inclusion Policy confirming our commitment to the principles of equal opportunity.