Tools to manage interest rate risk and justify your balance sheet strategies for Credit Unions
Webinar held by the FHLBNY and Frank Farone, Managing Director of Darling Consulting Group on February 22, 2019
Description: Interest rate risk is a paramount regulatory concern. Managing that risk and being able to justify your balance sheet strategies is critical to success. This session will give our Credit Union membership the tools they need to overcome challenges and make the most of the many opportunities that 2019 will present.
- Effective liquidity management and measurement techniques
- Grappling with the Net Economic Value Supervisory Test – learn about the mechanics and assumptions, and understand its unintended consequences
- Recognize why many Credit Unions misdiagnose their interest rate risk position and why a “Low” risk Net Economic Value might not be optimal
- Pivotal interest rate risk tools that can help defend asset extension at your institution – seize opportunities to enhance earnings, mitigate risk and protect against the dangers of falling rates
- Addressing other top regulatory concerns – preparation is key!
- Learn how the FHLBNY has helped many Credit Unions with our tailored solutions that best fit their needs