Take advantage of the Member-Director Education Sessions
“We were very pleased that the President of the FHLBNY and their management team were present at the meeting, and that they treated our very small credit union
($15 million in assets) and our Board of Directors the same way as they treat any other financial institution. It was a great experience and we are very thankful.”
Mira Ness, President & CEO
NYU Federal Credit Union, New York, NY
The landmark Sarbanes-Oxley Act increased regulatory focus on corporate governance, and as a result, there are greater expectations for board directors to not only understand, but also contribute to, discussions on policy and strategy. The FHLBNY can help.
We offer education sessions specifically for board directors covering the financial services industry and new and emerging developments and trends. Learn how these factors may impact your institution and how your partnership with the FHLBNY can be leveraged to better serve the interests and the fiduciary needs of your customers and shareholders. Our executive team will work directly with yours to customize a program for your directors to ensure you receive the maximum value for your time.
- Helps meet regulator education recommendations on board education
- Offers insight to assist with strategic planning (e.g., how to increase available liquidity at little or no cost, ways to replace lost revenue, and best practices to reduce costs to improve overall profitability)
- Custom-tailored for your specific needs
- No cost to your institution — it’s a benefit of your membership!
Topics include (but are not exclusive to):
- FHLBank System Overview, Earnings, and Financial Highlights
- FHLBank Debt Issuance Program
- Washington Update
- FHLBNY Membership Benefits and Trends
- What is the FHLBNY and what makes our partnership “unique”
- FHLBNY Products, Services, and Programs
- Advance Product Offerings/Trends
- Letters of Credit
- Community Lending and Housing Programs
- Mortgage Partnership Finance (MPF®) Program (secondary market outlet)
- Correspondent Services
- Credit Monitoring and Collateral Management
- Capital Stock Requirements and Dividends
- Strategic Planning
- Branching Innovation and Trends
- Liquidity Planning and Industry Trends
- Deposit Pricing Practices
- Funding Strategies (Whole Loans and Investment Securities)
To schedule your program, contact Adam Goldstein, SVP, Chief Business Officer
at (212) 441-6703.