President's Report

February 16, 2012

Dividend Announcement

FHLBNY Declares a 5.00% Dividend for the Fourth Quarter of 2011

I am pleased to announce that, on February 16, 2012, the Board of Directors of the Federal Home Loan Bank of New York approved a dividend rate for the fourth quarter of 2011 of 5.00% (annualized). The Bank’s dividend rate for the third quarter of 2011 was 4.00%. The dollar amount of the fourth quarter of 2011 dividend will be approximately $58.1 million. The cash dividend will be distributed to our member financial institutions on February 17, 2012.

Amid the continued volatility across global and domestic markets, the availability of Home Loan Bank advances to support the responsible community bank model has remained constant. Our focus on providing our members with the funding they need when they need it has allowed us to continue to perform well, and to provide our members with a strong dividend.

The dividend reflects the Bank’s low-risk profile/conservative investment strategy and is reflective of the continuation of a low interest rate business environment coupled with increased earnings volatility related to evolving accounting standards. The payout represents approximately 86 percent of net income for the quarter. The remaining 14 percent of net income will be put towards retained earnings. We will continue to maintain retained earnings at calibrated levels to help ensure future regulatory compliance and provide additional protection for the capital investment of our stockholders. After the dividend payment, unrestricted retained earnings as of December 31, 2011, will be approximately $664 million.

Primarily due to the effects of conforming with certain complex accounting rules, please note that our Board intends to continue to vote on dividend declarations at least six weeks (or longer) after the close of the calendar quarter.

The Bank expects to file our Form 10-K for 2011 with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission by March 30, 2012. The document will be available at the “EDGAR” portion of the SEC website at www.sec.gov.

 

Sincerely,
Alfred A. DelliBovi
President and CEO


# # #

Safe Harbor Statement Under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
This report may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are based upon our current expectations and speak only as of the date hereof. These statements may use forward-looking terms, such as “projected,” “expects,” “may,” or their negatives or other variations of these terms. The Bank cautions that, by their nature, forward-looking statements involve risk or uncertainty and that actual results could differ materially from those expressed or implied in these forward-looking statements or could affect the extent to which a particular objective, projection, estimate, or prediction is realized. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties including, but not limited to, regulatory and accounting rule adjustments or requirements, changes in interest rates, changes in projected business volumes, changes in prepayment speeds on mortgage assets, the cost of our funding, changes in our membership profile, the withdrawal of one or more large members, competitive pressures, shifts in demand for our products, and general economic conditions. We undertake no obligation to revise or update publicly any forward-looking statements for any reason.

Related Links

4Q17 Dividend Announcement

Investor Relations

Member Resource Center

Latest Reports

3/2/2018
Closing the Chapter on a Record 2017

2/15/2018
The FHLBNY Declares a 6.50% Dividend for the...

2/1/2018
Leading Our Franchise Forward

Stay Connected

Sign up to receive rss or email updates from us.

x